The final two of six championships meets on Saturday saw Mount St. Charles defeat runner-up East Greenwich, 81-73, for the girls' Small School title and East Greenwich top Rogers, 85-57, for the boys' Class C crown.
Below are some of the highlights:
- Coming off a hamstring injury, Central Falls' Leonardo Daveiga proved his recovered in time for the State Meet in two weeks by winning the 55m dash in a personal best of 6.57. He also captured the 300m (37.76) and ran a leg on the first-place 4x200m relay (1:34.36).
- Ponaganset's Gianna Rao, the nation's top weight-thrower, took her specialty with ease in the Small School meet with a heave of 58-7.25. Earlier in the day, Rao was in New York where she won the weight at the Armory Track Invitational with a distance of 55-11.
- East Greenwich's Jackson Cronin collected 26 points for the Avengers in Class C. He broke the tape in the 3,000m at 9;16.31. He was also a runner-up in the 1,500m (4:19.64) and the 1,000m (2:42.63).
- East Greenwich sprinters were dominant in the Small School meet. Isabella Gentil edged teammate Laura Murphy in the 55m dash with a fast time of 7.43 to Murphy's 7.45 clocking. Murphy also won the 300m with a time of 41.31. The speedy duo also ran legs on the Avengers' victorious 4x200m relay (1:49.44).
- Smithfield's John Pagliaro was a double-winner in Class C, taking the 1,500m (4:17.22) and the 1,000m (2:41.35).
- East Greenwch's Cebastian Gentil broke the tape in the 600m with a fast 1:26.66 effort.
- It was a heated battle in the boys' Class C long jump where the top five finishers were separated by 1.25 inches! Mount St. Charles' Chris Ciullo won the event with a leap of 20-11, the same distance as the second- and third-place competitors, Luis DeLeon of Moses Brown and Connor Sheridan of East Greenwich. Sheridan copped the 55m hurdles prior to the competition.
- 3,000 Meter Run - Kalie Bremer (Narragansett High School) 10:54.73;
- 300 Meter Dash - Laura Murphy (East Greenwich High School) 41.31; Marybeth Fitzsimmons (Moses Brown School) 41.90;
- Weight Throw - Gianna Rao (Ponaganset High School) 58-7.25; Megan Cook (Ponaganset High School) 44-2.5; Ajahnea Greene (Rogers) 44-1.25; Kate Viera (Moses Brown School) 39-9.75; Jianna Peno (Rogers) 39-7;