With ideal weather, several runners have PR performances at regional meet.
MileSplit RI was on site for the Brown Northeast Invitational. Thanks to Cumberland High sophomore Samantha Zech for video footage of the six varsity races.
Wheeler senior places sixth in championship race with a time of 18:28.83. Cumberland's Laverty takes tenth in boys' race with PB of 15:39.24.
Ace photographer Raphael Bieber was snapping away at the top regional meet. Check out more than 2,000 photos by Raphael.
New York's Marco Pompilli of the Collegiate School defended his title in the championship race of the Brown Invitational with a personal best for five kilometers of 14 minute, 56 seconds. In the girls' championship race, freshman Katherine Lee of Shoreham-Wading River, N.Y. takes the Varsity 1 race with the fastest time among girls, a PB 0f 17:53.09 Cumberland's Sean Laverty was the quickest Rhode Islander, taking tenth in the championship race with a PB of 15:39.54. The Wheeler School's Lily Foulkes runs a major PB of 18:28.83 to finish sixth in the girls' championship race.
For the second time in less than a month, Goddard State Park will be the site for a top regional meet. Approximately 2,000 runners from throughout the east coast will congregate at the Warwick venue on Saturday for the 32nd annual Brown University Northeast Invitational. MileSplit RI will be there providing complete coverage of the meet, which features schools from Rhode Island, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
One-two finish by Sommer and Barreto lifts East Greenwich to boys' title. Lawler spurs South Kingstown girls by winning individual title.
Perfect weather predicted for Saturday's Brown Invitational at Goddard State Park. Here's the entries for the featured championship races for boys and girls.
South Kingstown's Ellie Lawler's 19:25.5 effort at Manchester Invitational tops the list.
Since 2004 the Nike Cross Nationals has brought the fastest high school cross country teams and athletes in the country to Portland, Oregon to compete for the ultimate prize – a national championship. In its 11th year, the Nike Cross Nationals will be contested for the first time ever at Glendoveer Golf Course.
Portsmouth's Ezra Leary fastest for 5K distance. North Kingstown's Quinn Vinbury best at 4K.
La Salle's Michelle Renzi and Bay View's Claire Hanlon are 1-2 among tenth-graders.
D.J. continues to top the list. Mount's C.J. Berg is No. 2.
Former La Salle Academy standiut Zachary Fraielli Northeastern) finishes fifth at New England Collegiate Championship with PR for eight-kilometers.
Seven different schools represented in the top 10.
MileSplit got the juice coast to coast this past weekend, which included some stellar performances as some of the nation's best went head to head.
As runners across New England woke up on Saturday morning, they were greeted by a dreary and cold rain. They soon packed rain gear and boarded their respective team buses to Franklin Park, in hopes of proving their grit and tenacity on the renowned New England course. Open New Englands is a meet that plays host to teams of all divisions and each year we’re treated to competitive and exciting races. This past Saturday was no different and with the addition of the terrible weather, things only got more interesting in Roxbury.
La Salle, Bishop Hendricken occupy eight of the top 10 spots.
Barrington, Hope win team titles at annual event.
Rego, Tavares head the list of top juniors.
La Salle, Hendricken populate the top of the list.
- Article Comment: Doyle dazzles at Coast-to-Coast race
- Article Comment: Boys' team rankings: Not much has changed after first month
- Article Comment: MileSplit RI Girls' Top 50 Rankings
- Article Comment: Class Acts: Top 50 Class B boys
- Article Comment: Breagy, Palazzo earn coaching honors from USTFCCCA
- Article Comment: Classical shows up with its 'A' game at state meet
- Article Comment: Mazzulla, Hawks dominate boys' frosh states
- Article Comment: Rams, Eagles, Sentinels take girls' class titles
- Article Comment: Alumni Report
- A Penn Relays Poll - Please read about the poll in the 1st reply below - then vote.
- R.I. Class Championships
- Rhode Island State Championships
- ECAC Division III Cross Country Championship
- NACA Cross-Country Championships
- New England XC Championship
- NCAA D1 Northeast Regional
- NCAA D3 New England Regional
- Cross Country Coaches National Youth Championships
- NAIA National Cross Country Championships
- NCAA DI Cross Country Championships